Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Clever Hans Phenomena

I had convinced myself that the prototype was flawless and my testing had been carried out perfectly until Professor Schull pointed out the obvious. I was introduced to the Clever Hans Phenomenon which seems to be the case in my project as well. The clever hans phenomena basically states that all testers told me exactly what I wanted to hear. The bias was most likely generated as a result of me observing the testers or what I had expected of them.

I conducted three informal tests again, just to make sure that this was the case and it seemed to be true. The tests conducted were blind sided tests where users were unable to view the screen while interacting with the prototype. They later described the tactile feedback they felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment